What is Internal Hiring?/What is Internal Recruitment?
Internal Hiring/Internal Recruitment is the method of choosing existing employees within the company/organization to fulfill job vacancies that are open. The necessity might be an urgent opening or a vacancy requiring a refill for a specific position. It is considered an efficient way of recruitment when there is a shortage of time. This is beneficial as the existing employees have experience and knowledge about the ongoing projects within the organization. Hence, it is money and time-saving as well as resourceful to continue the work without any delay. Often those employees are chosen who have a backup team for their ongoing work.
What are the types of Internal Hiring?
Internal recruitment comes in a number of phases, such as:
- Employee referrals
- Promotion of the employee
- Transfer of the employee
- Shifting the temporary employee to become a permanent one
Pros and cons of Internal Hiring
- Internal Hiring is time-saving, less cumbersome as well as requires low hiring costs.
- It also saves orientation, interview, and onboarding efforts with no lengthy hiring process needed to be taken care of.
- It is another way to decrease employee turnover.
- It also saves the training time invested for the candidates.
- Internal Hiring results in the lack of new faces representing fresh talents much needed within the company.
- Internal Hiring, such as a promotion, is the victim of jealousy among the team members for the individual getting promoted.
- With no fresh talent, no new ideas are witnessed.
- No backup is provided for the individual getting a transfer.