With the help of the timesheet, an employer can track particular employees work for a certain time period. Organizations use the timesheets to have a record on the time spent on tasks, projects or clients. With the advancement in the HRtech space and digitization, the paper-based timesheets have completely turned into a digital format.
Any company can accurately account for the time its workers spend on the tasks and projects done by them. The entry involves the employees to enter their start work and the end work on the particular task or the project directly on the timesheet. The following data can also be used in client billing as well as payroll processing.
Any organization can meet its deadlines and also maintain its budget effectively through a timesheet and also makes the company maintain the accurate records.
How can it be advantageous?
1. Less time consuming
With the help of timesheets, you will be able to analyse where are you wasting your labour. Timesheets will help you to identify and weed out the tasks that take longer than necessary and help you to assist as how to optimize your tasks.
2. Accurate Billing
With timesheets, you can let your clients know that you handle their projects in an efficient manner and their money is not going to waste. Your clients will not have a need to worry about checking the status constantly for their projects.
3. Enhanced Project Management
Not only timesheets help you save your time but also it helps you manage your projects in the following ways:
- Identify the qualifying employee for the new project, job or role based on the performance by tracking the time of the project.
- Determine the skill of the employee in a particular area and utilize the same in the projects for which they are better suited.
- Identify and track the areas in which the employees or the workers take more time than the allocated and requires additional training.
- Helps to measure the overall efficiency of the employee or worker in the project.
- Enables your project manager to anticipate the days and monitor the progress.
4. Helps you save a lot of money
With timesheets, you can exactly know what your employees are working on. Track the efficiency of the employees or workers by comparing the amount of output they produce. Therefore, timesheets can help you save a lot of money for your company.