A Staff Accountant is in charge of a company’s accounting procedures and ensures that it has a healthy financial profile while adhering to state, federal, and local laws. Make sure your accounting team is aware of all financial laws and regulations that apply in your location and are particular to your sector when recruiting them. Financial paperwork, reports, and statements are prepared and reviewed by staff accountants. They are in charge of all accounting procedures (such as tax returns, month-end closes, and budgeting) as well as providing general financial advice.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
- Similar experience as a Staff Accountant or in an accounting-related function
Skills Required for the job
- Excellent Microsoft Office Word and Excel skills; excels at spreadsheets.
- An understanding of an accounting information system is advantageous.
- Exceptional math abilities
- Strong organizational and communication abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Keep accounting records and files up to date.
- Create expense reports and analyze budgets.
- Examine tax rules and procedures, as well as the processing of tax payments and returns.
- Meet with clients to talk about private accounting difficulties.
- In the general ledger, enter transactions and categorize records (e.g. by assets, liabilities, and expenses)
- Bank statements must be reconciled.
- Examine transactions with both internal and external parties.
- Close the books at the end of each month and at the end of the year.
- Prepare paperwork for audits.
- Provide financial advice to clients via email or phone.
- Implement new accounting policies and follow all rules and regulations.
- Work with the Accounting Manager to enhance financial processes and report to them.
Other Benefits- (….)