UAE has established itself as one of the emerging nations for trade and commerce with a high standard of living. To work in UAE, an employee has to arrange a number of documents as per UAE Labor Law. Here comes the UAE Labor Card, a necessary document to work in the UAE. Let’s deep dive into the importance of UAE Labor Law.
A UAE Labor Card is one of the most essential documents required by employees working in the UAE. This card is issued by its concerned authorities – MoHRE (Ministry of Human Resource and Emiratisation). This document has to be carried by the employees every time at the workplace.
The payroll of the employee is directly related to their Labor Card.
Anyone who is employed in the UAE has to obtain a Labor Card along with their work permit. A Labor Card is essential for employees working in the public or private sector.
Certain criteria have to be met to obtain a UAE Labor Card:
There are two ways to check your labor card number:
1. By visiting Tas’heel service centre – These centres are located in several places in the UAE. These service centres can provide you with the details of your labor card number as well as your contract of employment.
2. Using the official application of MoHRE – This application is available on IoS as well as Android devices. You can log in through your profile using your credentials. This application provides you with a digital copy of your labor card.
Recently, UAE authorities have stopped handling physical copies of UAE Labor Cards. If anyone wants a physical copy of your Labor Card you can download and take a printout.
To download the Labor Card you have to follow certain steps:
1. First of all, visit the official website of MoHRE (Ministry of Human Resource and Emiratisation).
2. Click on the “Services” section available at the top of the website.
3. From the menu choose “New Enquiry Services”.
4. Select the “Choose a Service” option from the menu and click on “Print work permit”.
5. Enter the Labor Card number on the “Work Permit No” tab and click on search.
6. Select the “Print” option at the top corner of the page.
7. Download and print the Labor card.
To get your Labor Card you have to visit the official website of MoHRE and download the same.
The cost of issuing a labour card or work permit in the UAE ranges from AED 250 to AED 3,450.
If the employer doesn’t apply for a new labor card within 60 days of entry to UAE, they could be fined AED 500.
It’s illegal to work in the UAE without a work permit because this country has a legislation governing immigration and residence within the UAE.