UAE is becoming an attractive destination for business owners, organizations and corporations due to its tax-free policy and various other benefits provided. Moreover, it is also an attractive destination for individuals who want to pursue their career in UAE due to decent payout and various other benefits. Here comes the importance of one of the documents- the labor contract.
The UAE Labor Contract is an official document or agreement between the employee and the employer in the UAE. This agreement contains various conditions and terms signed between the employee and the employer. These terms include employee designation, working hours in the organization, compensation and allowances, leaves provision, and commencement of date of employment. This labor contract is always drafted in two versions in organizations in the UAE- one for the employer and one for the employee.
1. Limited employment contract- A limited employment contract also known as a fixed term contract has specified start and end dates of employment. This kind of contract can come to an end in the following circumstances:
2. Unlimited employment contract- An unlimited contract also referred to as open open-ended contract where the date of joining is certified but the end date is not certified. This type of contract can come to an end in the following circumstances:
Various types of work arrangements are prevalent in the UAE:
1. Full-time work- Under this arrangement employees work on a full-time basis with their employer.
2. Part-time work- Under this arrangement, employees work for one or more employees for specific time-specific hours or days.
3. Flexible working- In this type of work arrangement working hours are flexible as per the business requirements.
4. Temporary work- Temporary work is a kind of work arrangement in which the employee works with an employer for a specific project or assignment.
5. Job sharing- Under this type of contract duties and responsibilities are divided as agreed before between the employer and the employee.
Here are the ways to get your labor contract in UAE:
Various steps have to be followed while getting labor contract through the MoHRE application:
Various steps have to be followed while getting labor contract through the MoHRE website:
UAE labor contract is an official employer agreement, signed by both an employee and their employer.
You can check your labor card in UAE using MoHRE website or application.
The New Law eliminates the idea of limitless term contracts and allows only fixed term contracts (with a maximum duration of three years) to be issued.