We’re seeking a Medical Coder to join our team and help us with insurance claims and database coding. The Medical Coder will be motivated, detail-oriented, and have exceptional people skills, allowing them to easily navigate any environment.
Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS), and International Classification of Diseases Tenth Revision Clinical Modification are among the duties of a Medical Coder (ICD-10 CM). They’ll also have to assign American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) codes, as well as Ambulatory Payment Classifications (APC) or Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG) codes.
In the end, you’ll have to decide which codes and functions to assign to each instance. This could comprise diagnostic and procedural information, substantial reportable elements and other complex categories, as well as significant reportable elements and significant reportable elements.
- Work experience as a Medical Coder or in a related position is required.
- 2+ years of experience as a Medical Coder is required.
- GED or high school diploma is required.
Skills required for the job
- Exceptional computing skills
- Utilize coding software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to keep secret information confidential
- Take responsibility for coding and abstracting patient experiences.
- Ascertain that the codes are ordered in accordance with government and insurance regulations.
- Ensure that all medical records are properly filed and processed.
- Examine medical records for discrepancies in documentation.
- Review and verify documentation for diagnoses, treatments, and treatment results as a resource and subject matter expert for other coding personnel
- Recognize diagnostic and procedural data
Other Benefits- (….)