Do you want to be a medical professional who is responsible for managing the administrative responsibilities of billing insurance and processing payments for clients? Then Medical Biller is the perfect job for you. You will communicate with patients about outstanding balances, collecting on behalf of your employer or provider institution as necessary. This ensures the patient’s procedures are paid for by their insurance company.
- It is preferred that you have a bachelor’s degree in business, health care administration, accounting, or a related subject.
- Work experience as a Medical Biller or in a similar position is required.
Skills Required for the job
- Knowledge of billing software and electronic medical records is essential.
- Must be able to multitask and properly manage time.
- Excellent communication abilities, both written and vocal
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills
- Making payment arrangements, collecting accounts, and monitoring and chasing overdue accounts to generate revenue.
- Collecting delinquent bills and making payment arrangements with patients.
- To collect accounts, use collection agencies and small claims courts. Evaluate and select collection agencies, determine the appropriateness of pursuing legal remedies, and testify in court proceedings as needed.
Other Benefits- (….)