We’re seeking an experienced Insurance Underwriter to assess potential clients’ risk variables and decide on coverage terms. To keep average claims costs low and enable the company to sell insurance at a lower net cost, the successful candidate must be able to put up criteria that result in securing an average proportion of good risks.
- BS in Business Administration, Finance, or a similar profession with an insurance diploma or certification
- Experienced in insurance underwriting
Skills required for the job
- Practical knowledge of “smart systems,” analytical tools, and statistical software (spreadsheets, SPSS, databases, etc)
- Prudent judgment and meticulous attention to detail Confident decision-making abilities
- Excellent insurance policy knowledge and ability to connect policy provisions to loss risks
- Demonstrated numeracy and statistical abilities
- Examine insurance applications for conformity and compliance.
- Examine the background information and financial situation of clients Collaborate with experts to acquire information and opinions
- Determine weight-loss exposures and underwriting options
- Prepare a list of insurance premiums that are both affordable and competitive.
- With brokers or policyholders, negotiate and specify the exact conditions of insurance plans.
- Keep meticulous records of the policies you’ve underwritten and the judgments you’ve made.
- To achieve predictability of future results, strike a balance between the mass and homogeneity of risks.
- For the insurer, develop and maintain a successful book of business.
- Observe all applicable insurance laws.
Other Benefits- (….)