We’re searching for someone to join our accounting department as a cost accountant. You will be in charge of doing cost studies and creating budget reports. You should have strong analytical abilities, as well as the capacity to mix data and determine profit margins. Our ideal applicant should also be able to produce detailed reports that present our organization with cost-effective solutions. To enhance our company’s profitability, you should create updated databases and handle cost information.
- BSc in Accounting, Finance, or a related field of study
- Job experience as a Cost Accountant, Cost Analyst, Accountant, or other related position is required.
Skills Required for the job
- Should have a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
- Detailed knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with accounting software.
- MS Excel in particular requires computer literacy (familiarity with VLOOKUPs and pivot tables)
- Excellent analytical abilities and a keen eye for detail
- Excellent time management abilities
- Integrity, as well as the ability to handle sensitive data
- Gather cost data and keep track of spending in a database.
- Construct data storage systems.
- Decide on fixed costs (e.g. salaries, rent, and insurance)
- Plan for and keep track of overhead expenses (e.g. purchases of raw materials and operations costs)
- Check for inconsistencies in both the standard and actual expenses.
- Prepare financial reports (for the company and for each department)
- Profit margins should be analyzed and reported.
- Prepare expense predictions on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Assisting with the month-end and year-end closure processes
- Determine the most cost-effective methods and make recommendations.
Other Benefits- (….)