Under the direction of a controller, we are looking for a dependable Assistant Controller to assist in the preparation of statements that follow all regulatory and accounting rules. You’ll be in charge of detecting and preventing inconsistencies as well as assisting with the setup of control systems.
Accounting principles are well-understood by an excellent assistant controller. You must be a well-organized individual with a keen sense of detail. You must be dependable and capable of performing things both independently and collaboratively.
The purpose is to help keep the company’s accounting and financial processes up to date while also ensuring accurate financial reporting and control. A financial controller will be your boss.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related subject is preferred.
- A professional certification (such as a CPA) is advantageous.
- Experience as an assistant controller or in a similar role is required.
Skills required for the job
- A thorough understanding of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations is required.
- Accounting and financial processes are well-understood (budgeting, financial closure, reporting, etc.)
- Data analysis and forecasting are concepts that you should be familiar with.
- MS Office (particularly Excel) and accounting software are required (e.g. SAP)
- Ability to prioritize and be well-organized
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- Detail-oriented and problem-solving skills
- Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting, etc.)
- Assist in the development of internal controls and policies in accordance with existing best practices and legislation.
- Assist with financial statement preparation in accordance with government rules and criteria.
- Manage journal entries, invoices, and other financial transactions, as well as reconcile accounts for monthly or annual closes.
- Assist in the creation of budgets and predictions.
- Participate in the annual audit preparation.
- Assist with report writing for management or regulatory organizations.
- Examine the company’s accounting data for mistakes or imbalances, and correct them.
- Use an accounting IT system to streamline procedures and keep track of records.
Other Benefits- (….)