We’re seeking a Senior Accountant with experience in managing and verifying financial transactions to handle general accounting operations. Reconciling account balances and bank statements, keeping the general ledger, and planning month-end closure processes are all tasks of a senior accountant. To examine financial data and predictions, a competent Senior Accountant combines good analytical abilities with a deep understanding of accounting concepts. In addition, the ideal applicant has worked with and/or managed a team of Accountants and Junior Accountants.
Senior Accountants are also responsible for assuring the correctness and efficiency of all accounting tasks.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related subject is required.
- Certification in a relevant field (e.g., CMA Or CPA) will be desired.
Skills Required for the job
- Experience as a Financial Controller, Accounting Supervisor, Chief, or Senior Accountant is required.
- Basic accounting processes are well-understood.
- Detailed knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) (GAAP)
- Trends in the business world
- Financial accounting statements are something you should be familiar with.
- General ledger functions and the month-end/year-end closing process experience
- Working knowledge of accounting software products such as FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- Vlookups and pivot tables are advanced MS Excel skills.
- Precision and a keen eye for detail
- Quantitative abilities and arithmetic aptitude
- Accounts payable and receivable are verified, allocated, posted, and reconciled.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and provide them with their findings.
- Analyze financial data and provide a summary of the financial situation.
- Identify flaws and provide recommendations to enhance efficiency and expenditure.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance in the field of management accounting.
- Examine accounting systems and practices and provide recommendations for changes.
- Manage bookkeepers and accounting assistants.
- Participate in the development of financial standards and the forecasting process.
- Contribute to the department’s goal-setting process.
- Prepare financial statements and a budget in a timely manner.
- Assist with tax returns and audits.
- To guarantee compliance, conduct internal and external audits.
- Plan, allocate and evaluate the work of your employees.
- Assist with the month-end and year-end closing processes.
- To maintain and reinforce internal controls, develop and record company procedures and accounting policies.
Other Benefits- (….)