We’re seeking a Direct Support Professional to join our team and help people with disabilities learn, progress, and gain independence. We’d like to meet with you if you love dealing with persons with intellectual and developmental impairments and helping their clinical teams and families.
Compassion, support, and a safe atmosphere are just a few of the responsibilities of a Direct Support Professional. They promote freedom and personal choice by assisting people in learning important skills such as social conduct or interpersonal competency, allowing them to be more self-reliant in their daily life.
- CPR/First Aid certification (Preferred)
- a high school diploma or an equivalent qualification
Skills Required for the job
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- For long periods of time, you must be able to bend, crouch, push, pull, reach, sit, and walk.
- Background checks were completed successfully.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Assist people with impairments in their day-to-day tasks.
- Administer the medication(s) in accordance with the instructions.
- Treatments, training programmes, and developmental/behavioral strategies will all benefit from your help.
- Encourage community involvement.
- Keep track of all observations and progress notes on a daily basis.
- Team members should be able to communicate efficiently.
- Assist folks in carrying out their cleaning duties.
- Individuals are transported and accompanied to appointments, trips, and shopping.
- Assume additional tasks and obligations as directed by your boss.
Other Benefits- (….)