We’re searching for a dependable Billing Clerk to assist us in keeping track of our earnings. You’ll be in charge of keeping track of money owed to us by clients, preparing invoices, and keeping records up to date. You must be accurate and dependable when processing accounts and papers as a billing clerk. Due to a large amount of financial data, being competent at math and having a high level of organizational ability are required. Because you’ll be employing technology to speed up your work, you’ll need some computer skills. The purpose is to aid in the appropriate preparation of accounts receivable and to protect the company’s revenue.
- High school graduation is required; additional education is preferred.
- Experience as a billing clerk or in general accounting is required.
Skills Required for the job
- Laws and confidentiality requirements must be followed.
- MS Office (particularly Excel) prowess; Knowledge of appropriate software will be advantageous.
- Exceptional math skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Communication abilities that are exceptional
- Manage account balances to discover outstanding debts or other inconsistencies
- Collect all information needed to calculate bills receivable (order amounts, discount rates, etc.)
- Check the data input in the accounting system to ensure the accuracy of the final bill
- Issue invoices and bills and send them to customers through various channels (mail, e-mail, etc.)
- Issue customer account statements periodically or whenever necessary
- Receive payments through various methods (cash, online payments, etc.) and check for credibility
- Send reminders for payments and contact customers when assigned
- Update accounting records with new payments, balances, customer information, etc.
- Answer questions and handle complaints from customers regarding bills
- Report on activity to upper management
Other Benefits- (….)