We are looking for a Bursar to oversee the day-to-day operation of our financial services, like collecting tuition fees and managing account receivable/payable.
Your main responsibilities include management of our budget, procurement, and payment of supplies, and setup of our financial procedures. You will also undertake general and financial administrative tasks (e.g. managing employment contracts, ensuring compliance with the law, and contacting local authorities.) To be successful in this role, you should be able to perform multiple tasks in a timely and effective manner, under minimum supervision.
Ultimately, you should ensure the smooth financial and operational management of our school, in compliance with regulations.
- Certification in School Administration is a benefit if you have a BS degree in Accounting, Business Management, or a related field.
- Work experience as a Bursar is required.
Skills Required for the job
- Literacy on the computer (MS Excel in particular)
- Excellent financial management abilities
- Accounting processes and best practises knowledge
- Budgeting and cash flow planning are skills that you should have.
- Excellent analytical skills and expertise in preparing reports and presentations
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize work
- Oversee cash management on a daily basis.
- Accounts payable and receivable management
- Organize your tuition fee books and receipt files.
- Expense reports should be prepared on a regular basis.
- Organize the annual budget
- Analyze your costs and productivity.
- Examine employment contracts and service agreements.
- Create and maintain financial procedures.
- Liaise with local governments and school boards.
- Report on performance and investment/funding prospects to the school administration.
Other Benefits- (….)