We’re looking for a responsible Assistant Manager to assist in the organization and operation of our retail stores, as well as to cover for the Store Manager when necessary. Your role will be critical in ensuring that the sales team achieves its efficiency and customer satisfaction objectives.
Hiring and training sales workers, maintaining inventory, and ordering items based on demand are all tasks of the Assistant Manager. You’ll also do market research and evaluate consumer behavior to guarantee that our business meets and exceeds customer expectations.
Our ideal candidate will have retail management experience as well as a strong business sense. You should be able to organize and solve difficulties as well. Because you’ll be liaising between managers, employees, and customers on a regular basis, interpersonal and mediation skills will come in handy.
- A BSc/BA in Business Administration or a related discipline is required; an MSc/MA is preferred.
- Experience as a Retail Assistant Manager or in a similar role with the recruiting and performance evaluation processes
Skills Required for the job
- Financial and customer service fundamentals should be familiar to you.
- Ability to develop and evaluate reports, spreadsheets, and sales figures, as well as good math abilities
- Microsoft Office aficionado (MS Excel in particular)
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Problem-solving mindset Interpersonal and communication skills
- Working in shifts is possible provided you have the flexibility to do so.
- Assist the Retail Store Manager in developing and implementing customer-drawing strategies.
- Organize customer service operations on a daily basis (e.g. sales processes, orders and payments)
- Monitor the progress of your weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual goals.
- Monitor and keep track of your store’s inventory.
- Assess staff performance and determine hiring and training requirements.
- Supervise and encourage employees to do their best work.
- New and existing Sales Associates will be mentored and supported.
- Costs, budgets, and resources for retail operations should all be kept an eye on.
- Make recommendations for sales training programmes and practises.
- Communicate with clients and assess their requirements.
- Analyze customer behavior and make product positioning changes as needed.
- Deal with client complaints.
- Investigate new items and utilize the knowledge to keep the store’s inventory up to date.
- Create reports, evaluate, and understand retail data such as revenues, costs, and competition.
Other Benefits- (….)