We’re seeking for a Translator to translate written and audio works into several languages while maintaining the original meaning, structure, and tone.
Reading and completely comprehending the context of supplied information, utilising specialist dictionaries and translation tools, and reviewing completed pieces of work are all tasks of translators. You should have a great eye for detail and be proficient in at least two languages in addition to your home tongue to be successful in this profession.
Finally, you will deliver ready-to-use translated material that fits our internal requirements while also allowing us to reach a wider audience.
- A bachelor’s degree in translation, interpreting, or a related discipline is required.
- Linguistics certification is preferred
Skills Required for the job
- Work experience as a translator, interpreter, or other equivalent position.
- In addition to your native language, you should be able to communicate in at least two other languages.
- Excellent proofreading abilities, including the ability to spot problems in language, spelling, and punctuation.
- Expertise with content-editing software
- Knowledge of translation software
- Skills in time management
- Read the provided materials and look up industry-specific jargon.
- Text and audio recordings can be converted from one language to one or more others.
- Ensure that the original meaning and tone are conveyed in the translated text.
- Subtitles for videos and online presentations should be prepared ahead of time.
- Check the quality of the translation by cross-referencing specialist dictionaries and translation tools.
- Check translated texts for correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Check in with internal team members and clients to make sure the translation is meeting their expectations.
- Edit content with the goal of preserving its original format (e.g. font and structure)
- Keep up to date on new translation tools and methods by networking with professionals in the industry
Other Benefits- (….)