We’re searching for a Systems Engineer to assist us in expanding, maintaining, and troubleshooting our infrastructure.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field is required.
Skills required for the job
- Working knowledge of how to install, configure, and troubleshoot UNIX/Linux environments.
- Solid application stack administration and performance tuning experience (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
- Solid cloud experience, ideally with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Virtualization and containerization expertise (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Working knowledge of monitoring systems
- Working knowledge of automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
- Strong scripting abilities (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Knowledge of networking (OSI network layers, TCP/IP) is essential.
- All installed systems and infrastructure are to be managed and monitored.
- Install, setup, test, and keep operating systems, application software, and system management tools in good working order.
- Ensure the greatest levels of system and infrastructure availability ahead of time.
- Monitor and test the performance of your application for any bottlenecks, then collaborate with engineers to implement changes.
- Keep your security, backup, and redundancy measures up to date.
- Create and maintain custom scripts to improve system performance and reduce the amount of time required for human interaction in any task.
- Assist in the development of information and operational support systems.
- Provide help at the second and third levels.
- For problem resolution, communicate with vendors and other IT staff.
Other Benefits- (….)