Our building projects require the supervision of a structural engineer. You’ll make certain that constructions are both safe and sturdy. As a structural engineer, you’ll work both in our office, designing and planning project details, and on-site, advising construction workers on technical issues.
To be successful in this position, you should have hands-on expertise with a variety of building methods and materials, as well as extensive AutoCAD skills. Analytical and project management abilities are also essential.
- A bachelor’s degree in structural engineering is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
- Prior experience as a structural engineer or in a related profession
Skills Required for the job
- Excellent understanding of building procedures and regulations
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Excellent mathematics abilities and a data-driven attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal)
- Pay close attention to the details.
- The Institute of Structural Engineering has accepted you as a member.
- Create constructions like buildings and bridges.
- Using computer-aided design tools, create structural models.
- Measure the loads and pressures imposed by the environment or by humans.
- Observe building safety regulations.
- Material selection should be based on structural requirements.
- On-site construction procedures should be monitored and construction employees should be supervised.
- Budgets must be planned and allocated.
- Monitor and report on the project’s progress.
- Work with contractors and project managers to achieve your goals.
Other Benefits- (….)