We’re seeking a roofer with some expertise to join our team. You’ll build roofs that are both safe and long-lasting, as well as repair damaged components like broken shingles. You’ll ensure that all materials are in good working order and that systems such as insulation and vapor barriers are in place.
To be successful in this position, you must be able to handle hand tools such as shingle cutters and roofing hatchets, as well as stand for lengthy periods of time on ladders and scaffolds. You’ll also know how to work with various roofing materials (such as wood and asphalt) for various roofing types and chores.
- Experience as a roofer or in a construction-related profession
- An apprenticeship or license in roofing or a related industry would be advantageous.
Skills required for the job
- Excellent carpentry skills
- Experience using various hand tools and equipment, such as scaffolds, while adhering to safety regulations
- Physical stamina and stability
- Ability to operate for lengthy periods of time at a height
- Construct roofs with a variety of materials and equipment.
- Projects are to be completed on time.
- Examine the damage and calculate the labor costs.
- Broken materials should be repaired or replaced.
- Remove rubbish from rooftops so that materials can be placed.
- Smooth the roof surfaces and use cement to fill up the gaps.
- Ascertain that roofs protect structures from adverse weather conditions such as rain or snow.
- Make use of hand tools and other resources (e.g. scaffold, ladder)
- Observe all safety precautions
- Install vapor barriers and vents as necessary.
- Insulation and solar energy systems should be installed.
- Stock up on roofing materials like clay and cement.
Other Benefits- (….)