We need a pipefitter to construct and maintain pipe systems.
You’ll be reading designs, setting specifications, laying out installation plans, and preparing pipes. Following safety requirements, you should be able to operate pneumatic and hydraulic tools. We’d prefer you to have expertise working in both residential and industrial locations, as well as with pipes of various types (steel, PVC, etc.).
We’d want to meet you if you have good numerical and communication abilities, and you get a kick out of seeing your systems in action.
- Experience as a pipefitter is required
- A valid driver’s license
Skills required for the job
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations when working with hazardous materials or chemicals is required.
- Good math and problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds Working in shifts and/or overtime is required.
- Examine blueprints to learn about the requirements.
- Create and change specifications
- Inspect and prepare work locations for construction.
- Pipes should be measured and cut according to specifications.
- Pipes must be welded, assembled, and lubricated.
- Pipes are to be installed and secured (e.g. with clamps)
- Hydraulic and other systems are put to the test.
- Repair any defects, breaks, or leaks that may have occurred.
- Tools should be used and maintained (e.g. pneumatic drill, saws)
- Collaborate with other workers (such as plumbers and painters) to complete projects.
- Follow all safety precautions and wear protective gear (e.g. goggles)
Other Benefits- (….)