We are looking for a library assistant with excellent communication skills to support our library’s everyday operations.
The library assistance will help in various operations of the library, such as organizing books based on categorization, assisting customers in finding the books, managing customer’s queries via email and telephone.
Furthermore, the selected candidate will also be responsible for ensuring that there is no disruption or disturbance in the library.
- As a Library Assistant, you should have relevant training and/or certificates.
- Work experience as a Library Assistant or in a similar position is required.
Skills Required for the job
- Computer literacy is essential.
- Excellent organizing skills
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Communication skills (both written and vocal) are exceptional.
Job Responsibilities of Library Assistant
- Sort and shelve books based on their classification.
- New patrons must be registered, and their profiles must be maintained and updated.
- Keep track of the books you’ve borrowed and the ones you’ve returned.
- New arrivals in the catalogue
- Assist guests with internet connectivity and ensure their technical requirements are met.
- Arrange for the repair of books that have been damaged.
- Before and after check-out, inspect the state of the books for any damage on behalf of the customer. Manage customer inquiries over the counter, by email, or by phone.
Other Benefits- (….)