To join our team, we’re seeking a seasoned librarian who loves learning and reading.
You’ll make sure that everything at the library operates well every day and that all users are satisfied with our offerings. As a librarian, you’ll also be responsible for creating, maintaining, and updating library records.
You must enjoy interacting with people because you will do so frequently in this position as well as with other library staff members. A must-have quality is endurance and patience because you’ll frequently be handling many tasks at once, such as demonstrating how to use the resources database or upgrading the information system.
We want to hear from you if you fit this description and are skilled at quieting rowdy customers.
- A master’s degree in library science or information management is preferred.
- Experience as a librarian in the past Computer proficiency and database management experience
Skills Required for the job
- a working knowledge of information management systems
- powerful organizational abilities
- Communication that works Multitasking
- a kind and understanding character
- Maintain the library’s appearance, maintain its structure, and protect its resources.
- Create and maintain a library inventory (e.g. with books, collections, periodicals, multimedia, etc.)
- Check and update database information on a regular basis.
- assist customers with conducting references and reading research
- Respond to inquiries from clients by phone or email
- Place content on the library’s website and keep it updated (e.g. book summaries, reviews, blog, etc.)
- Investigate and use novel information system techniques.
- Plan events and activities (such as children’s storytelling, author readings, book sales, etc.) to promote your work.
- Organize library finances and payments for new equipment
- overseeing other staff members and library assistants
Other Benefits- (….)