Our team is looking for an experienced hydrologist to help us maintain and improve our water management strategies and practices. Measurement of water quantity and qualities, such as streamflow, will be one of your key responsibilities. To determine the level of contamination, you’ll collect data and analyze it.
You’ll also be able to forecast water supply and floods and droughts using computer-assisted technology. Last but not least, you’ll work on large projects with our engineering and scientific teams, such as irrigation system construction.
It’s critical to have computational and analytical skills to succeed in this position. To perform your job obligations, you’ll also need experience with computer modeling and report writing.
We’d want to meet you if you’re organized, resilient, and have a genuine interest in environmental sustainability.
- Previous experience as a hydrologist or in a similar function
- A bachelor’s degree in hydrology or a related STEM discipline is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
Skills required for the job
- Working knowledge of GIS and GPS applications
- Experimenting with computer-assisted models
- Writing reports and presenting presentations are two skills that you should have.
- Mathematical and computational abilities
- The ability to think critically
- Ability to operate effectively under duress
- Calculate the characteristics of water (e.g. volume, mass)
- Develop methods for increasing the quantity and quality of water.
- Analyze and evaluate pollution levels in water and soil samples.
- Evaluate the impact of erosion, droughts, and floods on the environment.
- Floods, droughts, and snowstorms are all to be predicted.
- Pollution levels in the oceans, rivers, and lakes should be monitored.
- Analyze data using computer-assisted models.
- Managers and policymakers should be informed of your findings.
- Work with engineers and scientists to achieve your goals.
- Take part in the construction of dams, hydroelectric power plants, and other similar structures.
Other Benefits- (….)