To assist and instruct elementary, middle, and/or high school students through a well crafted counseling program, we are looking for a certified guidance counselor. You will act as a catalyst for students to achieve their academic or career goals and help them grow socially and intellectually. The objective is to prepare the students to become responsible, mature adults.
- a history of success as a teacher or guidance counselor;
- an MA in school counseling or guidance is required, as are qualifications in guidance counseling;
Skills Required for the job
- Integrity and competence
- being able to function with a variety of student personalities and backgrounds
- education in diverse teaching methodologies, the greatest counseling techniques, and laws
- outstanding interpersonal skills, and great emotional intelligence
- basic familiarity with computers
- Create and implement a comprehensive educational and counseling strategy using up-to-date mentoring and teaching techniques.
- Encourage student associations and behaviors that promote equality of opportunity
- When interacting with the students, take into consideration any cultural or societal disparities.
- Hold counseling sessions for groups or individuals with students to help with issues or concerns.
- evaluate student characteristics (KSAOs), and assist them in realizing their strengths
- Assess pupils’ development and heighten their sense of accomplishment.
- Select students with behavioral issues or those who are at risk, and take appropriate action.
- collaborate with other interested parties, including the instructor and the parent
- Complete tests and evaluations, analyze the results, and offer feedback.
- examine and revise student records
- Prepare and deliver progress reports.
Other Benefits- (….)