We need a geologist to assess geological data and develop geology-related projects.
You’ll get to go to interesting locations to study the soil and work on extractions and minings as part of this employment. This necessitates superior organizational and project management abilities. Data and geologic modeling, as well as technical tools, should be second nature to you. Because you’ll be working with engineers, geophysicists, and other scientists, teamwork and communication skills are essential.
We’d like to meet you if you satisfy the requirements in this job description and also have a passion for the environment and its nuances.
- Experience with various geological techniques such as mining, boring, and numerical modeling
- Proven experience with geology software (e.g., ArcGIS, Rockware) and other data and modeling tools (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, GoCAD)
- A geology or geosciences degree
Skills required for the job
- Environmental standards are something you should be familiar with.
- A thorough understanding of the properties of ores, soils, minerals, and other things
- Ability to work with and evaluate data as well as 3D models
- Analytical thinking
- Great communication skills and attention to detail (oral and written)
- Ability to organize and operate as a group
- Plan geological projects (such as oil extraction or the installation of water pipes) and field sampling events.
- Using GIS, survey sites and create logs (e.g., boreholes) and maps.
- Collect and evaluate geological information
- Organize research projects.
- Examine the samples’ and specimens’ compositions.
- With the right instruments, you can measure and test fossils, rocks, soil, ores, and other materials (e.g. X-rays)
- Prepare reports on your results.
- Conduct quality assurance on the suitability of materials (for example, metals for building) and examine projects.
- Examine the sites for changes, formations, risks, and composition.
- Examine and assess natural resource deposits (e.g. oil)
- Consult on a variety of geology-related topics, including waste management, resource management, and gas extraction processes, among others.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and other standards in building and production projects (e.g. oil wells)
Other Benefits- (….)