We need a forensic accountant to check our financial records for inconsistencies and irregularities. Your primary responsibilities will entail conducting forensic research and analysis of our company’s financial data in order to detect probable fraud and/or revenue loss. To be effective in this position, you must have strong investigation abilities as well as a thorough understanding of accounting procedures. You should also be able to assemble financial data into detailed reports that attorneys and law enforcement officers will find useful.
Finally, to provide proper financial management for our organization, you should implement risk reduction and fraud prevention methods.
- BSc in Accounting or Finance, preferably with certification as a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- A background in economic crime investigation or law enforcement will be advantageous.
- Work experience as a forensic accountant, a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or in a similar function is required.
Skills Required for the job
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is essential (GAAP)
- Accounting and financial procedures knowledge
- The candidate must understand procedures for forensic auditing are well-understood.
- Should be familiar with accounting software and spreadsheets
- Strong analytical and investigative abilities
- Excellent numeracy skills, as well as the ability to recognize errors
- The ability to deal with sensitive information
- Examine financial paperwork for inaccuracies.
- Analyze financial data and look for inconsistencies.
- Forecast and prevent financial fraud
- Generate reports on revenue losses and contract breach damages.
- To reduce risk, investigate difficult business situations.
- Support litigation by presenting results that can be utilized as trial evidence.
- Conduct regular financial record audits to ensure legal compliance.
- Ensure that all accounting methods adhere to the law.
- All legal cases should be filed in a neat and orderly manner.
- When necessary, appear in court.
Other Benefits- (….)