We’re searching for a Financial Controller, or Comptroller, with experience in all elements of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, and developing internal control policies and processes. Financial risk management will be part of the Finance Controller’s responsibilities.
- 5+ years of combined accounting and finance expertise as a financial controller with a proven track record.
- Advanced accounting degree (CPA or CMA preferable)
Skills required for the job
- Accounting principles and processes are well-understood.
- Financial statement preparation experience
- General ledger functions and the month-end/year-end closing process experience
- Excellent skills in using and administering accounting software.
- Manage all accounting processes, including billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and counsel, as well as cost accounting, inventory accounting, and revenue recognition.
- Coordinate and direct the budgeting and financial forecasting processes, as well as the reporting of variations.
- Prepare and publish monthly financial statements on a regular basis.
- Coordination of regulatory reporting preparation
- For compliance, look at technical accounting difficulties.
- Assist with the month-end and year-end closing processes.
- Ensure that financial transactions and financial reporting are of high quality.
- Manage and comply with government reporting and tax filing requirements at the local, state, and federal levels.
- To maintain and reinforce internal controls, develop and document company procedures and accounting policies.
- As needed, additional controller responsibilities
Other Benefits- (….)