We’re seeking an experienced Construction expeditor to help us finish construction projects on time. You will ensure that materials and equipment are delivered in a timely and adequate manner to every construction site or job.
A construction expeditor must be a well-organized, multitasking individual. You should be able to communicate effectively and solve problems. Knowledge of basic purchasing and technical principles, as well as project management experience, will be extremely beneficial.
The purpose is to assist in the completion of construction projects in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Proven experience as a construction expeditor or in a related capacity
- Experience in project management
Skills required for the job
- Ability to grasp material and equipment technical specifications
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Well-organized with multi-tasking abilities Proficient with MS Office (particularly Excel) and filing systems
- Problem-solving skills are needed; a high school graduation is preferred.
- Determine supply requirements using technical specifications and timetables.
- Manage material and equipment orders in order to satisfy project deadlines.
- Supply delivery should be coordinated according to priorities and specifications.
- Resolve issues to expedite order delivery.
- Upon receipt of orders, inspect them to confirm that the quality and quantity are right.
- Maintain a supply inventory for various jobs or sites.
- Place orders as needed, with the goal of quick delivery and a low price.
- Arrange for the transportation of materials between places.
- Maintain positive connections with vendors and suppliers.
- Maintain accurate records.
Other Benefits- (….)