We’re searching for a capable Collection Specialist to reach out to clients and collect unpaid invoices. You’ll strike a balance between maintaining trusting relationships and making sure payments are made on time. Professionalism and trustworthiness are required of our Collection Specialist. You should be able to communicate well and negotiate effectively, as well as operate independently.
- A high school diploma is required; an associate’s or bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience as a Collection Specialist or in a related function is required.
Skills Required for the job
- Understanding of billing and collection procedures (e.g. skip tracing)
- Knowledge of the laws governing debt collecting (e.g. FDCPA)
- MS Office and database skills are required.
- Working with targets is easy for you.
- Patience and the ability to cope with stress.
- Communication abilities that are exceptional (written and oral)
- Good negotiation skills
- Skills in problem-solving
- Keep an eye on your accounts to see if there are any outstanding debts.
- Examine historical data for each debt or bill. Locate and contact clients to inquire about past-due payments.
- Take steps to encourage people to pay their debts on time.
- Refunds and payments are processed.
- Resolve billing and credit concerns with customers.
- Account status records and collection efforts should be updated.
- Collection activity and accounts receivable status are reported.
Other Benefits- (….)