We are looking for a qualified athletic director to support us in developing and sustaining our sports initiatives.
You’ll be responsible for managing our sports employees, creating budgets, and distributing money to support our sporting events on a regular basis. Additionally, you’ll be in charge of administrative duties including scheduling (e.g. leagues, conferences, etc.). Multitasking skills are a must, as is the ability to perform well under pressure, for this profession. Additionally required is prior management or leadership experience in a sports organization.
We’d like to hear from you if you fit this description and enjoy both sports and learning.
- Prior managerial expertise in sports or a related field Previous program management and budgeting experience
- a degree in sports management or a related discipline; a management master’s is preferred
Skills Required for the job
- Thorough knowledge of the rules and regulations of sports associations Problem-solving abilities
- MS Office proficiency The capacity to inspire and motivate
- excellent communication in both writing and speech
- track routine administrative chores
- oversee and direct coaches and other staff members.
- Verify adherence to accepted sports regulations and federal health and safety requirements.
- based on the demands of the program, hire new personnel.
- Identify new sources of funding (e.g. governmental)
- Observe staff performance (e.g. annual reviews)
- Control spending and billing reports.
- Overview of the league or sport team practice schedule
- Plan promotional activities (e.g. about sports and well-being)
- Develop a good rapport with the administration, faculty, coaches, and students.
Other Benefits- (….)